If You Care 100% Biomass Firelighters
- 100% Biomass
- No artificial chemicals
- Non Toxic
- Formaldehyde Free
If You Care 100% Biomass Firelighters contain two ingredients only: FSC wood and non-GMO vegetable oil. Simple as that. Use these environmentally friendly fire starting cubes for fireplaces, BBQ grills, wood burning stoves/ovens and campfires/outdoor fire pits.
If You Care 100% Biomass Firelighters come in 2 sizes 72ct bag and 28ct tablet.
Our firelighters are:
- Extremely stable, have a long shelf life, do not lose firepower or dry out when left open
- Not oily or greasy
- Have no unpleasant smells
- Non explosive and non toxic, and can be stored safely near or with food.
- Harmless when in contact with plants, vegetation or aquatic organisms.
No Petroleum Products
Some firelighters contain kerosene and /or paraffin or paraffin wax, all derived from petroleum, and therefore based on fossil fuels. With the combustion of some firelighters, formaldehyde- a substance which has been classified as a human carcinogen by the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) and as a probable human carcinogen by the U.S Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) may be released. If You Care 100% Biomass Firelighters are 100% from renewable resources and are non-toxic.
Carbon Neutral Emissions
Because If You Care Firelighters are made 100% from biomass- wood and vegetable oil- the emission resulting from their combustion are considered carbon neutral. This is due to the fact that the CO2 emitted from the combustion of biomass is offset by reduction of CO2 in the atmosphere as a result of new biomass growth. This is in accordance with guidelines by the EPA as well as the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). The same cannot be said for firelighters using petroleum products, such as kerosene, paraffin wax or slack wax.
This is the third time we have bought this product. We use two per fire in our large log burner.
I am very impressed with this item they are completely odourless and leave no substance on your hands after handling them. They are so easy to lite and burn very well making it a breeze to light my log burner. I recently used them to lite my BBQ with ease
Do exactly what they say on the tin
does exactly what they're supposed to do without the use of harmful chemicals. Definitely recommend and price is the cheapest I've seen.